It doesn’t seem very long ago that I was talking to you about wearing shorts! And yet, here we are with Autumn just around the corner…
Often as we transition into the new colourful season, women find it a bit tricky to know how their wardrobe can best keep up. Perhaps that’s you too? Maybe you don’t want to give up your summery dresses quite yet therefore need a way to keep wearing them as the temperatures drop a little.
Here are my 5 top tips to transition your current wardrobe to serve you well into Autumn:
1. Layering your summer dresses - it’s been great layering your summer dresses under a denim jacket hasn’t it but as the temperatures drop, this isn’t keeping you warm is it?! I would highly recommend switching out the denim jacket for either a blazer or a sweatshirt. This Fransa Navy blazer with it’s ruched sleeves would be a fabulous option. Navy being a neutral for all, means this blazer will be a very versatile addition to your wardrobe. https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/collections/jackets-and-coats/products/fransa-blazer?variant=40186411253949
If you prefer something more casual, I’d opt for a sweatshirt and what a choice of sweatshirts available here at Black Diamond. Maybe opt for a safe Navy with this Numph Nubrittany design https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/collections/jumpers-and-knitwear/products/numph-nubrittany-sweatshirt or this Saint Tropez hooded sweater in beige https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/collections/jumpers-and-knitwear/products/saint-tropez-hamida-hoodi.
But why not add some fun & sunshine with this gorgeous Joules yellow sweatshirt. https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/products/joules-monique-crew-neck-sweater?_pos=8&_sid=b47d7f471&_ss=r Whichever you choose, you will look as if you are wearing a skirt & sweater - a brilliant way to keep wearing those dresses AND keep warm!
2. Autumnal Colours - as the trees begin to turn their glorious Autumn shades, it’s a perfect time to bring in some new colour into the wardrobe (or dig out your existing Autumn shades). I am loving this longline Byrizetta blazer from B.Young in a gorgeous rust shade. It’s 4% elastane too so will be super comfy. Team it with white for a bold, fresh look or with deeper shades for a cosy, winter look. https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/collections/jackets-and-coats/products/b-young-byrizetta-jacket
Rust is such a fabulous Autumnal colour but if you feel too formal in a blazer, Sam has a gorgeous piece of knitwear for you… https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/collections/jumpers-and-knitwear/products/b-young-bynonina-dot-jumper - I love this one for it’s unusual texture.. my very next tip..
3. I love nothing more in Autumn than mixing textures into an outfit. Especially if you are opting for a tonal look, textures provide interest. Knitwear is a wonderful way to add texture; imagine this super cosy knit from Fransa https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/collections/jumpers-and-knitwear/products/fransa-frcespot-pullover with coated jeans from B.Young https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/collections/jumpers-and-knitwear/products/fransa-frcespot-pullover Much more interesting than only teaming with denim jeans.
4. I don’t know about you but if my feet are old, so is the rest of me! One of the first items to switch going into Autumn is my footwear. Get out of the sandals and flipflops and into trainers or shoes. We might not quite be ready for boots yet but if you spot some you like, I’d recommend you get them now…they’ll likely be gone by the time you actually need them! I’m a huge Woden fan and I’m loving these seasonal additions https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/products/woden-nora-iii-leather?_pos=3&_sid=fcdad97bd&_ss=r the Olive Green is so gorgeous however, if you prefer something lighter in colour, these light tan could you for you! https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/products/woden-ydun-suede-mesh-ii?_pos=4&_sid=fcdad97bd&_ss=r
5. A Gilet is a very handy garment to have in the Autumn if you are outdoors a lot… it’ll provide you with warmth but not overheat you and it allows ease of movement as your arms are free.. Sam has just the job here https://blackdiamondboutique.co.uk/products/woden-ydun-suede-mesh-ii?_pos=4&_sid=fcdad97bd&_ss=r and what a fabulous colour - Navy will go with every outfit. Win Win!
I do hope these tips will help you get more use from your summer clothes and inspire you to add new items where necessary, while heading into Autumn. It’s my favourite season and I love starting to dress more cosily with all these wonderful textures.
Ooh, one last point to mention… if you spot a winter coat you love, BUY IT NOW! Coats sell out super early so don’t wait until you need one.
Until next time… have a great few weeks and watch out for a Style Day in store in October when I’ll be there to help you with your style dilemmas.